Heya! Pour la recette en français c’est ici!
This recipe is one of my favourite to make all chocolate biscuits!
- 115g butter
- 155g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 190g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 100g chocolate chips (I use a combination of chocolate chips and chocolate chunks, I put more just because I like them with lots and lots of chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds to soften it. It shouldn’t be hot.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg, beat on low speed until just incorporated – 10-15 seconds or so.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until crumbles form. Use your hands to press the crumbles together into a dough. It should form one large ball that is easy to handle (right at the stage between “wet” dough and “dry” dough). Add the chocolate chips and incorporate with your hands.
- Roll the dough into 12 large balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the cookies look puffy and dry and just barely golden. (I personally cook them for 9 minutes).
- Let them cool for a good 30 minutes or so. They will sink down and turn into these dense, buttery, soft cookies that are the best in all the land.
DO NOT overcook them! And of course, even when I say use a stand mixer you can perfectly do everything with your hands. I guess I am lazy!